One of the most popular companies, Best Buy, loves to provide the best service to its consumer. Before returning or exchanging your items, know Best Buy’s return and exchange policy, including their holiday or Christmas return policy, stock clearance, open box policy, un-opened items, and so on.
What is Best Buy’s Return Policy?
If you are a Best Buy customer and want to return your electronics gadgets like PS4 controller, TV, laptop, computer or PC’s hardware like monitor or printer or processor, cell phone, bose headphones, router, video games, GoPro, PSVR, Dyson hairdryer, air pods, notebook, drone or even your apple watch then check out the terms and conditions of Best Buy return policy. These three different durations to return or exchange items mentioned below:
Best Buy Returns Within 15 Days
- Most of the purchased items can be exchanged or returned within 15 days at the Best buy store. Best Buy will not accept any returns on the purchased products after 15 days.
- For all “My Best Buy Elite Members“- the time limit is 30 days, and for “My Best Buy Elite Plus Members” the period is 45 days.
- For major appliances like TV, refrigerator, etc. the time limit is 15 days after purchase. For all “My Best Buy Elite Members” and “My Best Buy Elite Plus Members” the return time for major appliances is the same 15 days after buying.
Best Buy Returns Within 14 Days
- If you want to return your cell phones, tablet, and wearable gadgets like earbuds, then the product return policy applies for the first 14 days after purchase in the USA. (To know about Best buy return policy in Canada, please visit the official site of Best Buy). For all “My Best Buy Elite Plus Members” and “My Best Buy Elite Plus Members“, the return time limit is the same 14 days after buying.
Best Buy Returns Within 60 Days
Registered wedding items can’t be returned after 60 days from the day of buying. You can return them with the original receipt within the given time frame.
Best Buy Return Policy With Receipt
- If the buyer bought the item online, it could be returned at any Best Buy local zone store.
- To make the return policy hassle-free, the buyers must bring their packaging or shipping label or original receipt. The buyer must provide the photo ID while returning or exchanging the item.
- The return will be issued on the buyer’s credit card instantly. If there is any local restriction due to an emergency situation, the buyer may return the item via curbside service.
Best Buy Return Policy No Receipt
- Officially the best Buy doesn’t grant any items for return or exchange, but unofficially it does. Yes! The buyer needs to know some tricks to return their products without a receipt.
- Best Buy gives you the chance to return the items without a receipt, and all you have to show your valid photo ID. Sometimes, the store manager doesn’t approve the items if it is an opened item with torn tags.
Best Buy Online Returns
- If you have bought the item online, you can return it by yourself via mail. The shipping charge is non-refundable.
- If you don’t have any shipping label, don’t worry as you can fill it out by yourself and send it via mail. The refund will be credited within 2 to 3 business days.
- You can also print the return label and return it via your nearest UPS station.
- If the buyer wants to return a gift bought at the local Best Buy store, you’ll get a refund as your store credit or reward according to the purchase price. If you return the gift via mail, then Best buy will credit the refund amount.
Non-refundable Items on Best Buy
Best Buy maintains some strict rules on non-refundable products, which are mentioned below:
- Black Friday sale or final sale or stock clearance purchased are non-refundable.
- All customized (Not from Best Buy) or special ordered items are non-refundable, and the buyer will get 85% of the original price of the product.
- Digital items like video games and software can be downloaded before returns so No refund will be issued on that.
- Prepaid cards like Nintendo, Verizon, eBay, Disney, and AT&T are not refundable.
- Membership cards are not refundable, including the annual Geek Squad membership card.
- Opened used items, including batteries, ink, and 3D printer filaments, are not accepted for refund.
- Broken or defective item, used gadgets with an open box with or missing parts are non-refundable.
Restocking charge of Best Buy
- Best Buy charges an amount from their consumers as a restocking charge on some items. Those items are DSLR cameras and lenses, smartphones, drones, projectors, rideable, and specially ordered items.
- For DSLR cameras and lenses, the restocking charge is 15%.
- For smartphones, the restocking charge is flat at $45.
- For drones, the restocking charge is 15%, and for projectors and rideable and special ordered items- the cost is the same.
Best Buy Cash Refunds
- If the buyer paid the amount in cash and the order amount extends over $800, then Best buy will issue the corporate check as a refund.
- The client will get the check via mail within 7 to 10 days.
- If the cash amount is high, you can’t get that high amount from the store.
When Does The Best Buy Holiday Return Policy Start?
- You can get an easy return policy by Best Buy if you purchase any gadget from November to December during X-mas, and you can return it on January 14.
- Some electronics can’t be returned during the holiday. Those are cell phones, cellular tablets, and wearables like Bose headphones, major appliances, apple products like iPad, MacBook, apple watch, iPhones, etc.
- If the holiday coincides with Monday, then the return will not be applicable in the outlet.
Can I Return My unopened Video Game?
Yes! The buyer can return their unopened video games within 60 days after buying. The refund will be added as a store reward.