Micro Center Return Policy – All About Refunds and Exchanges
Micro Center is one of the largest suppliers of essential electronic devices, communications, and information technology-related products in the USA. It serves professionals of every sector to have all their technology-related needs met, such as IT professionals, governments, tech enthusiasts, gamers, students, small businesses, engineers, programmers, etc. The retail giant offers essential services related to technology to support the health, safety, and welfare needs of our communities.
Micro Center was founded in 1979 in Columbus, Ohio, and currently has stores all over the USA as well as online stores that operate in various countries around the world. It is uniquely focused on information technology products and has established itself as the lead supplier for technology-related goods.
What is Micro Center Return Policy?
Micro Center is focused on ensuring customer satisfaction and if you are not satisfied with the product you bought then you are allowed to return it under certain conditions. You can simply take your undamaged product back to the Micro Center and make sure that it contains all the accessories that it came with such as UPS, cables, earphones, packaging material, manuals, or any other accessories within the eligible time frame.
The Micro Center Return Policy states that you can either return the product and ask for a replacement or replace it in case the current product is damaged or you can also get it repaired at Micro Center if you need it. For customers having a Micro Center Insider Account, a receipt is not necessary for the return process. The same return policy also covers open box purchases.
Return or Exchange Timeframes
The eligible return or exchange timeframes for Micro Center returns are 15 calendar days from the date of purchase for the following products:
- Camcorders and projectors
- Desktop / Notebook computers
- Digital cameras
- 3D printers, 3D scanners, and CD/DVD duplicators
For all other products except the one mentioned above, the eligible exchange or return time frame is 30 days.
In case you are still confused about the timeframe of your purchased item then you can also find the return period for your specific item by visiting the product available on the website.
Products not eligible for return:
- Opened software
- Point of Sale Activation Cards that have a dollar value
- Micro Center Gift Cards (except as required by law)
- Electronic software downloads
- Products with customer-induced damage such as, but not limited to, aerial drones with damage due to pilot error.
- Microphones (COVID-19 Safety Measure)
- All Phones (COVID-19 Safety Measure)
- Face masks and disposable gloves (COVID-19 Safety Measure)
- Smart Watches, Fitness Trackers, and Accessories (COVID-19 Safety Measure)
- VR Headsets, Headphones, including AirPods, Earbuds and Over-the-Ear Products (COVID-19 Safety Measure)
Refund Policy Payment Mode
- If you are seeking a refund on your purchased product then it will be based upon your original payment mode or a Micro Center Gift Card.
- If you used a credit card for making a purchase at Micro Center then you should carry it with you at the time of return.
- If you have used a debit card for shopping then the refund amount can only be a credit to your debit card, so it must be present during the return.
- If you are receiving the payment amount with a cheque, then the amount will get transferred within 14 business days in your account.
- Micro Center also offers gift receipts to customers purchasing gifts. At the time of return, they can receive the refunded amount on their gift card.
Micro Center Return Policy With Receipt
At the time of purchase, you should be given an email or physical receipt that you need to carry with you while returning the product. In case you have lost your receipt, you can still recover it using a Micro Center Insider Account, but it will only be recorded if you made the account prior to your purchase.
Micro Center Return Policy Without Receipt
Micro Center returns without receipts are only allowed if you already have a Micro Center Insider Account. In case you have lost your receipts you still have the following options:
- Recover your receipt using Micro Center Insider Account.
- The account users receive an email of their receipts, you can show that at the time of purchase.
- The executives at Micro Center can look up your purchase information with your account details at the time of purchase.
Micro Center Holiday Return Policy
Micro Center offers extended return timeframes for purchases made during the holiday season. If you have purchased anything between 11/02 to Christmas then you are allowed to return it until 15th January. This return policy is only applicable to eligible products mentioned above.
Micro Center Exchange Policy
If you wish to exchange your purchased item for some reason, then you are eligible to do it within the mentioned time frame. You can exchange it for a similar item which is subject to availability or some physical stores also allow you to exchange it for other items and compensate for the price gap.