Target is the 8th largest American retail corporation and values about what customers want and think. Being such a large retail chain, Target has a very fair and favorable return and refund policies. Their customer support always does their best to make your returns smooth and comfortable keeping the ultimate goal for the company to give the best value of the money.
Note: Due to Covid-19, some in store return policies have been changed and suspended returns.
What is Target’s Return Policy?
- Target Return policy provides a fair deal when a buyer wants to return the purchased item in-store or via target.com.
- This specific return policy provides assurance and trust to exchange the purchased item within 90 days.
- Every other buyer must have gone through some difficulties while returning their item, but Target accepts all the situations with great care and patience.
Terms and Conditions on Returns
- If the items are unopened and can be sold by Target again in new condition and shoppers return them within 90 days, the shopper will receive a full refund from Target.
- Some purchased items must have original price tags, exact receipt, or packaging slip like furniture, air mattress, makeup accessories, cosmetics, optical eyeglasses items, etc..
- If the purchased product is broken or damaged, the Target store won’t be accepted without a receipt and the original invoice.
- Returns and exchanges in Target policy without a receipt may be limited. There are many other restrictions too.
- If a buyer is not satisfied with Target owned brand products, they can return it within one year with a receipt demanding an exchange or a refund.
Target Return Policy With Receipt
How can I return my purchased item in-store with the receipt?
- If you have the original receipt of your purchased item, it would be easy to return or exchange your item. But make sure you are returning your purchased item within 90 days of buying the product.
- If the item is cloths with no tag, it must be original, unused, and unwashed with a price tag.
How can I return my purchased product online?
- To return the purchased item to a Target online store, one must follow some necessary steps:
- Login to the Target account.
- One should select orders on Target.com, or if the buyer is using the Target app, the Target app can quickly locate the order.
- The buyer should locate and select the order.
- Then, there is a ‘Return’ option to return an item.
There will be two options given below:
- You can either return your item in Target store by taking the barcode to the store, and Target store employees will help you afterward. OR
- Returning item via mail:
- You should select the item to return.
- The buyer should put a reason for returning from the drop-down menu, then select the Continue option.
- The buyer will find two options: Replace item and Refund item- select any of these two options and then select continue.
- The buyer must select the shipping address and submit.
- The buyer must print the mailing label and tape the mailing label outside the purchased item package. The barcode must be shown.
- The buyer should drop the package off at the UPS location, and the buyer can track the location via GPS of the purchased item via the online site of Target.
- The buyer can track the purchased item in the clearance section.
Target Return Policy Without Receipt (No Receipt)
- Target always wants to help its shoppers to provide the maximum facility, and for this reason, it accepts returns the purchased item without a price tag using a remote procedure.
- When a buyer wants to return the purchased item in the Target store, the store manager looks after the purchasing history on their computer database.
- The buyer must have a valid identification card (e.g. driving license) while returning the store’s purchased product.
- The buyer shouldn’t get worried about the identification disclosure as Target keeps every information secure.
- If the purchased product is returned within 90 days, then Target return policy provides either the return or exchange offer.
Target Electronics Return Policy
All electronics and entertainment items like TV, video games, laptops, iPad, game console, apple watch, PS4, electric toothbrush, phone or cellphone, camera, and beats must be returned within 30 days refund or exchange.
Can I return electronics without the receipt?
- There are some limitations when the buyer has no receipt or billing statement. Some products can be returned and exchanged without receipts, and cashback will be issued.
- But, opened electronics products are not allowed to be returned without a receipt. There must be a valid warranty card and a price tag while returning electronics, kitchen appliances like microwave, gadgets like an Xbox controller, headphones, kindle Nintendo switch, etc.
Can I return a smartphone from the Target store?
- Yes! A buyer can return mobile phones within 14 days in the Target store OR from their online eCommerce site.
- Holiday items collections may have modified return policies. Refer to the official returns page for more information.
What Items Can be Returned?
Here are some questions answered to give detailed overview of Target return schemes for different type of products.
Can I return the gasoline-powered item in the Target store?
- Gasoline-powered items like lawnmowers can only be returned at Target store. Due to hazardous substances, those items should be emptied at the time of return.
- If the buyer is having a problem while using gasoline-powered items, Target provides 24*7 customer service at 1-800-591-3869.
Can I return beauty products?
- Most beauty or cosmetics products bought in stores or online site could be returned within 90 days with a valid receipt, or up to 120 days if anyone purchased it with the Target credit card or Red Card.
- You have up to one year after your event date to return most new, unopened items at your Target store using your return barcode.
Can I return baby products?
Yes! Baby products like a diaper, baby food, cute Christmas reindeer clothes, cat and jack clothing, shoes, comic’s book, breast pumps, baby car seats, etc. can be returned within 90 days of purchase.
Can I return swimwear in different Target stores?
Yes! Swimwear can be returned to a different store. If you purchase an item in US but want to return in the Canada, Target offers this facility to refund it.
Does Target store accept international returns in-store?
- No, Target stores don’t accept International returns or exchanges. It is also applicable for online purchases from their online store.
What is the policy for returning Gift Cards and E-gift cards?
- Target gift cards or E-gift cards cannot be returned or converted for cash or credit.
- Specialty prepaid and gift cards like the restaurant, entertainment, lottery cards cannot be returned.
What are the items which can’t be returned but may be exchanged?
- Opened music system, movies, video games, and gadgets cannot be returned but may be exchanged at the store with receipt. Customized or self-designed items and digital downloads cannot be returned.
- Defective easily breakable things like sports cars, Barbie dolls, ceramic dolls, action figures, and toys cannot be returned.
Can I get my refund as a Target gift card?
- Yes! A buyer can get a refund in the form of a Target gift card if the buyer uses a gift receipt. To know more about the gift card, Pease visits Target.com.
- How much Target Return Policy takes time to refund?
- If the buyer has the receipt and returned it within 90 days (not after 90 days), the refund will go back to the buyer as the original form of the payment.
- Buyers don’t have to think of payment mode complications as Target offers all kinds of flexibility in payment mode.
Target return and refund policy typically take 1-2 days if the payment will go back to the Target redcard. If the refund will go to anyone else, then it takes 3 days. Target provides a refund during the holiday also.
What is the Target Registry App?
To make your shopping easy and comfy, your favorite brand has introduced Target Registry App, where you can choose registry types like wedding, engagement, baby, school, college, house welcoming, etc.